As I shared in my last post, I had a chance to attend the American Express OPEN CEO Bootcamp last week and was truly inspired by the words of wisdom and encouragement that were shared by the successful female entrepreneur panelists. I will be sharing the top lessons learned from these entrepreneurs as well as an interview with Angie Hicks (Founder, Angie’s List) and Robin Chase (Founder, Zip Car) in the next couple of weeks.
In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the most memorable and inspiring quotes from the day’s events. These nuggets of wisdom will resonate with any female entrepreneur, I hope that you are as inspired by these words as I was:
1. Gina Bianchini, CEO of Mightybell, shared one of her favorite quotes: “Courage is not not being afraid, its being afraid and doing it anyways.”
2. Tory Burch, CEO & Designer Tory Burch: “We need to get women to the point where they aren’t apologizing. Its time to take ownership in our success.”
3. Angie Hicks, Founder Angie’s List: “Know what you bring. Know what you don’t bring. And build a team that covers everything you need.”
4. Jean Chatzky, Today Show Contributor and Financial Expert, shared one of her favorite quotes from Madeleine Albright: “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
5. Robin Chase, Founder Zip Car, shared one of her favorite quotes: “Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.”
6. Melinda Emerson, CEO Quintessence: “We need to spend more time focusing ON our business instead of IN our business”.
7. Janet Kraus, Harvard Business School Professor: “Harvard Business School defines entrepreneurship as the relentless pursuit of opportunity without regard to resources currently controlled.”
Me and Tory Burch!