In this week’s #TipTuesday I’m sharing a few quick ideas on how to craft compelling media pitches and/or blog posts throughout May! What’s the secret to creating a compelling media pitch and continually creating interesting content: leveraging seasonality, current events and recent trends! News outlets love to feature stories that are tied to current events and viewers love to consume content that is seasonal, current, relevant to what is going on in their lives or business right now.
For instance, my most recent TV segment was: innovative and out of the box wedding gift ideas – why, because wedding season is upon us and it is a timely topic. See how that works??
Once your mind starts to think this way, coming up with creative content/pitches becomes easier. So, to get the ball rolling, here are 5 themes/days/current events that you can leverage to create a media pitch/blog post. Many of these ideas are consumer/lifestyle focused but you can use them as the basis for a business article or promotion, you just have to get creative!
- Mothers Day: gift ideas, promos for moms, pitching media if you are a mom
- Graduation: graduation season is also upon us – gift ideas, recs for graduates, job search ideas
- Cinco de Mayo: recipes, entertaining ideas, restaurant recs
- Memorial Day: recipes, entertaining ideas, bbq, travel tips
- Prepping for Summer: travel tips, summer vacay tips, summer wardrobe tips, summer promos
Happy writing and happy pitching! Share what you come up with below and in the MompreneurTribe Facebook Group!