Though it is a financial and time investment, your website is one of the most important marketing vehicles that you so you want to make sure you are putting your best foot forward! It needs to be informative, engaging, and draw people in.
Whether you are revamping your site or creating a new one, here are 5 elements that every website should have:
- Clear call to action – whether you are selling a product or a service, people should fall on your site and know exactly what you are selling and how to purchase immediately
- Email capture – somewhere above the fold you should be trying to collect email addresses, most people will offer a nugget of content, a special offer, or something valuable in exchange for someone’s email
- Quality imagery – this may be an investment, but it is worth it! Whether it is pics of you, your physical space, or your products you should feature professional or high quality pictures of the product or service that you are trying to sell
- Social share icons – take every advantage of the eyeballs on your site to drive followers to your social media channels – people should easily be able to find you on social media when they first land on your site
- Personality – your website should clearly convey your branding and your personality – people should immediately have a feeling and an idea of your tone/vibe/personality when they land on your site. What are the adjectives that would explain you/your company’s personality and does your site align with these descriptors?
Would love to hear your thoughts on any other website must haves? Please comment below or head over to my FREE Mompreneur Tribe Facebook Group and join our conversation there! And subscribe to my newsletter for regular tips!