I am so excited for our next LeadHer Biz Bookclub on April 27th! I realize all of you aren’t readers or don’t have time to complete the book so I wanted to share a few of my fave quotes from the book below which really sum up the main messages and themes throughout the book…..vulnerability, courage, bravery, time, empathy, self awareness. These are themes and ideals that we can incorporate in our personal and professional lives, whether parenting, leading a classroom, or leading a large corporate organization
- The courage to be vulnerable is not about winning or losing, its’ about the courage to show up when you can’t predict the outcome.
- If you are going to dare greatly, you’re going to get your ass kicked at some point…That’s why we call it courage. That’s why it’s so rare.
- We need braver leaders and more courageous cultures
- You can’t get to courage without rumbling with vulnerability. Embrace the suck
- The true underlying obstacle to brave leadership is how we respond to fear.
- Courage is contagious.
- Leaders must invest a reasonable amount of time attending to fears and feelings, or squander an unreasonable amount of time trying to manage ineffective and unproductive behavior.
- Self awareness and self love matter. Who we are is how we lead.