Mindfulness and meditation … we all have heard that these are important tools for everyone (including entrepreneurs); but how many of us are actually practicing these techniques and truly understand their importance?
I admit, I have gone in and out of my meditation practice but I have not been as consistent as I would like and as an inherent stressor, I could definitely learn to breathe more! According to my friend, Sandy Abrams, author of Breathe To Succeed, ” Refocusing throughout the day helps tremendously with decision making … Decisions are what lead us closer to our destiny, so taking the time to breathe for even just three deep breaths can make a big difference in making decisions from a place of clarity rather than chaos.”
According to my friend, Sandy Abrams, author of the new book Breathe To Succeed: “Refocusing throughout the day helps tremendously with decision making. Entrepreneurs are bombarded with decisions to make all day long and when we begin to make them in haste in order to check them off a list, we could be doing real damage to our big picture goals. Decisions are what lead us closer to our destiny, so taking the time to breathe for even just three deep breaths can make a big difference in making decisions from a place of clarity rather than chaos.”
“We All Have Time for Just 3 Deep Breaths”
“Breath is the most underutilized tool for success.”
So what are Sandy’s tips for embracing meditation and how can the busiest entrepreneur ease meditation into their day? Sandy shares it all in her book Breathe To Succeed, but here are a few of her tips:
5 Ways to Ease Into Meditation With Just 3 Deep Breath
- Schedule your deep breaths on your phone because you know you’ll see that reminder! The best time to begin adding three deep breaths (besides now) is immediately upon waking up to clear any negative energy. What a difference it makes to start the day off with the right mindset. That alone will be a game changer for many.
- Don’t expect anything, just take your three deep breaths. Get your body used to changing the rhythm of your breath.
- Close your eyes during some of your deep breaths and see the difference it makes in going one step deeper and away from outside stimulation.
- Visualize your breath if you need a focus to get out of your head. When you focus on breath you have to be present.
- Add intention to your breath, this is simple but very powerful! Think about an emotion that you want to manifest such as joy, patience or abundance and see/breathe that word in. You can trick your body into believing that it’s real and you will actually feel that energy.
According to Sandy: “Just like with launching a business, there’s a trial and error phase but with meditation there’s really no wrong way to implement a few deep breaths. Once you begin to crave these deep breaths, there are endless ways to scale and grow your breath practice too and you can build your practice as uniquely as you’d build a business… but breathing is a heck of a lot easier!”
So we now have no excuses! Try incorporating these breathing techniques into your day and head over to the Mompreneur Tribe Facebook Group to tell us how it goes!